Terms and Conditions of Brompton Bicycle Limited’s
Video Contest ("Contest")
By entering this Contest you (the "Contestant") agree to be bound by these terms and conditions ("Terms"). Any information or instructions included on the Brompton Bicycle Black Edition Contest Page ("Contest Page") form part of these terms and conditions. This Contest, which is being staged via the online platform Instagram, is in no way sponsored, supported or organised by Instagram. The information you provide will only be used for the purposes of operating the Contest and will not be passed to Instagram. You are providing your information to Brompton Bicycle Ltd. and not to Instagram.
A. Contest Period
The Contest period is from 02/10/2015(12noon BST) until on 31/03/2016(midnight GMT) ("Contest Period").
- The Contest is open to anyone with Instagram. This Contest shall be void where restricted or prohibited by law.
- The following individuals are not eligible to enter this Contest: employees, directors or officers of Brompton Bicycle Ltd.
- No purchase is necessary to enter this Contest.
C. How to Enter
- There is no charge for entering this Contest. You must have access to the Internet as the Contest can only be entered online.
- 1) How to enter via Instagram
To enter via Instagram, log in on Instagram, pick a video (featuring the ‘myunseencity’ footage) and upload it on [10/10/2015(12noon BST) until on 31/03/2016(midnight GMT) ("Contest Period")].
- To be eligible, you must hashtag one #MyUnseenCity in the caption or on the comments.
- For the bonus point, Contestant must follow Brompton Bicycle’s Instagram account at the time of Contest Entry to win the Contest and mention Brompton Bicycle's Account ID (@BromptonBicycle) in the caption, on the comments or on the video).
- Once submitted, the provided information and uploaded video will be considered a Contestant's Entry.
- Contestants participating through Instagram can be shown on Brompton’s Black Edition Video Contest Page (INSERTLINK)
D. How to win
- On 01/05/2016, Brompton will review the videos submitted and select a shortlist of fifty (50) based on the number of likes received.
- On 04/05/2016 the judging panel will review the shortlisted videos and three (3) winners will be selected who best showcases the mission.
- o- Videos that match the #MyUnseenCity and demonstrate unusual creativity.
- o- Additional point for following Brompton Bicycle’s Instagram account
- Entries may not conflict with applicable law or regulations, the rights of third parties, nor may they incite, advocate or express pornography, obscenity, vulgarity, hatred, bigotry, racism or gratuitous violence. Brompton has the right to remove and disqualify any entry which contains material which is offensive, insulting, injurious, obscene, offending, vindictive, indecent, perverted, immoral, aggressive, sexually oriented, racist, derisive, slanderous, discriminatory, or in any other way not in line with good taste and decency, or which Brompton deems in its sole discretion to be otherwise unacceptable.
(*Videos must be owned by the Instagram user. A stolen video will be excluded from winner selection)
- Total three (3) winners will be selected by 08/04/2016.
- Of the three (3) winners, one will be selected as the overall winner by 08/04/2016.
E. The Prize
- One (1) Special Brompton Black Edition bike will be given to each of the three (3) winners.
- The overall winner will receive return flights from their home city to London to attend the Brompton World Championship from INSERT DATE returning on INSERT DATE
- Delivery of the prizes will start after the the winner is announced and the prizes will be shipped by 01/05/2016.
- Prizes will be awarded "AS IS" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied offered by Brompton. Nothing contained herein should be construed as an endorsement by Brompton of any prize suppliers or other third party, product, or service.
- No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of any prizes permitted, except by Brompton, who reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component with cash or another prize of comparable or greater value.
F. Notification of Winners
- All winners will be announced on the Contest Page and Brompton Instagram account.
- Brompton Bicycle’s Instagram Account (@BromptonBicycle) will send a message to the winners' Instagram account requesting a contact email address. . After verifying the email address, Brompton will send a final email to the winners. The winners will have 7 days from the date the final email notification is sent to them to claim their prize by sending a reply via email to the email address from which the notification email from Brompton was received.
- In the scenario that a winner is unreachable, ineligible, or fails to claim the prize in the time required, the winner shall forfeit their prize.
Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest, Contestant grants Brompton the right to use, publish, including posting online, his or her name, likeness, voice, opinion, biographical information, all submitted videos, and place of residency in any media for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
H. Privacy and Data Protection
- Other than as set out in these terms and conditions or for the purposes of operating the Contest, the details and information provided by you when entering the Contest or claiming a prize will not be used for any purpose other than to notify winners and for prize fulfillment purposes in connection with the Contest, nor shall they be passed to any third party.
- Contestants' personal information will be kept strictly confidential.
I. General Conditions
- Contestants must have a valid e-mail address at the time of entry.
- By entering this Contest, you agree to these Terms and Conditions which are final and binding in all respects related to the Contest. In case a third person, different from the Contestant, appears in the video, Contestant warrants that this third person has given his consent to these Terms. Participant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Brompton, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, licensees and customers from and against any claim or demand (including reasonable legal fees) by a third party relating to the use of his image by Brompton or its affiliates or licensees.
- Brompton reserves the right to alter, amend, foreclose or withdraw the Contest or the terms and conditions of entry at its sole discretion at any time and without prior notice.
- Brompton reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any contestants deemed to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any website of Brompton Bicycle's partners; (b) violating these Terms and Conditions; (c) acting with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
- Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Brompton reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Brompton's failure to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Participation in receipt of benefits from the Contest may have tax consequences. Should there be any tax liability for participation in the competition or the receipt of a prize, or costs or expenses relating to participation in the competition or for any other reasons, such taxes and/or expenses are the sole responsibility of the participant.
- This Contest is governed by UK Law. All disputes, controversies or claims between the parties arising out of or in connection with this Contest shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the United Kingdom.
- If you are selected as one of the winners, you are not allowed to use Brompton Bicycle’s Instagram wall (https://instagram.com/BromptonBicycle), Twitter wall (https://twitter.com/BromptonBicycle) or Facebook Fan Page (http://www.facebook.com/BromptonBicycle) to post messages to promote and re-sell any of the prizes. By doing so, you will be banned from any future Brompton video Contests held by Brompton.
- If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the contest, Brompton reserves the right, at its sole discretion to cancel, delay, modify, or terminate the contest without any prior notice.
10. Contestant warrants and represents that all works comprised in the entry are his/her own original work and do not copy, nor incorporate the work of any third party and that use of the entry by Brompton or its affiliates will not infringe third party intellectual property rights. By entering into this Contest, Contestant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Brompton, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, licensees and customers from and against any claim or demand (including reasonable legal fees) by a third party relating to the use of the entry by Brompton or its affiliates or licensees or arising out of participant's breach of these Terms.
11. Brompton shall not be liable for any disruption to the contest, whether due to technical problems or otherwise, which is beyond reasonable control. In the event of any disruption to the contest, Brompton shall use its reasonable endeavours to remedy the disruption and resume the contest on a fair and equitable basis to the contestants.
12. The decision of the Brompton is final and Brompton shall not enter into any correspondence about the results. Brompton accepts no responsibility for entries lost, misdirected, illegible, late, mutilated or altered. Entries that do not comply with these terms and conditions will be disqualified.
13. By entering the contest, you agree to release Brompton from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the contest or with the acceptance, possession, attendance at, or use of any prize
14. Brompton reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. All matters and disputes will be subjected to the final decision of Brompton.
Brompton Bicycle Ltd, Kew Bridge DC, Lionel Road South, Brentford, Middlesex TW8 9QR